Summer will soon be a distant memory so we suggest you enjoy it while you can. There are a variety of Princeton, NJ community events to help you make the most out of it. Let us offer some suggestions:
· Every Thursday in the month of August you can enjoy some wonderful local musicians in a great outdoor atmosphere at Lawrenceville Main Street’s Music in the Park. The shows start at 7:00pm and are free to the public. Check out the Alt/Pop/Rock Fusion band Off The Map on August 2nd or the Stringzyville jazz quartet on August 9th. Main Street is located in the heart of Lawrenceville, on US Route 206, less than a mile north of Interstate 95 Exit 7B.
· If the kids (or you) are getting tired of your usually Friday night movie routine, check out the interactive presentation of “The Wizard of Oz” from Theater To Go at the MCCC’s Kelsey Theatre. Have a blast and sing along with the munchkins! Tickets are $18 for adults and $12 for children. For tickets, call the Kelsey Theatre box office at 609-570-3333. Kelsey Theatre is located on the college’s West Windsor campus, 1200 Old Trenton Road.
· Why not peruse the selection of local product and groceries offered at the Montgomery Friends of Open Space Farmers’ Market on Montgomery Friends of Open Space Saturday August 25, 2012 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. It is held at Village Shopping Center, 1340 Route 206 South, Skillman, NJ and features local farmers offering Produce, poultry, eggs, beef, flowers, herbs, pies, coffee, honey, and more.
· Also on Saturday August 25th is the community Party in the Park, at Morris Davison Park located at Plainsboro Rd & Thoreau Dr. Plainsboro Township, NJ This community event offers family fun for all ages. Free food and drinks, live music, bouncy inflatables for the kids, games what more could you ask for! No RSVP required.
· Looking for something to do on date night? Try the restaurant supported agriculture dinner series at Tre Piani, 120 Rockingham Row, Forrestal Village, Plainsboro. Dinner starts at 5 p.m., and consists of a three course farm to table dinner for $29. Call 609-452-1515 to register.
· Finally wrap up the month by taking the family for Friday Night Fireworks displays over the wonderful Delaware River. August 31st will be the final show. The fireworks “shooting” location is strategically located so viewers from both Lambertville and New Hope will be able to see the display. Most of the towns’ river merchants will have a great view of the fireworks.
We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer! Check out some of our other Princeton, NJ business picks as well.